What information about customers does Xcite! collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us continually improve your experience with Xcite, particularly when you require customer support. Here are some of the types of information we gather.
- Purchase Information : We keep full records of all the items your avatar has purchased. This information allows us to issue refunds and exchanges and provide superior customer support. This information comes direct from Second Life and is tied to your avatar's name. Returns and exchanges are also tracked properly.
- Disciplinary Actions : Every warning, suspension or ban for behavior on our islands is tracked carefully by Avatar name.
- Xcite! Virginity Setting and status : for every avatar we keep track of whether that avatar has opted out of the Xcite! Virginity system, and if they have not, what the current state of their Xcite! Virginity is.
- Avatar UUIDs : LSL uses UUIDs, not avatar names, for virtually every function that relates to a particular avatar. In order for many of the scripts in your Xcite! items, vendors, SL payment systems, etc. to work the avatar UUID must be known. Having an avatar’s UUID makes it possible for us to, for example, do trade-ins, make refunds, issue store credit, grant licenses, etc.
- Gift Card & Store Credit Info : If an avatar is given an Xcite! Gift Card or is granted Xcite! store credit through some other means this information is stored so that we can provide customer support and can make sure customers are credited with the proper amounts due them.
- BDSM Owners : Any owners designated by an avatar through the X4 system or ToKon2 system are stored so that we may be able to provide support when needed (for example, removing old owners) and for the purposes of granting those owners the proper access over the avatar’s items.
- Transferred licenses : the names of all current and past owners of Xcite! items that are licensed and transferable are stored per item. This allows us to provide support, including locating lost items in some cases.
In all cases user information is only collected when it is considered absolutely necessary for a purpose that directly or indirectly benefits the customer. If a piece of information doesn’t directly help us improve our customers’ experience then Xcite! isn’t interested.
What Does Xcite! Do with the Information it Collects?
Xcite! uses the information it collects to:
- provide customer support
- compile general statistical data for internal use
That’s it. Xcite! does not do targeted marketing into its customer base, does not profile its customers, does not track the personal and private activities of its customers, etc. Again, if the data doesn’t help us help you then we don’t need it.
Does Xcite! share the information it gathers?
Never. Discretion is important to our customers. All information is kept strictly confidential, and never sold or handed to others. We do not share customer information with our partners, nor with any locations at which we may be renting space. We do not in any way discuss your purchase history with others, and will not even discuss it with your 'alts'. The only time we would ever disclose any information would be after we were requested to and granted consent to do so.
What information can I access?
Through the use of this website, you can view your purchase history, as well as any exchanges, returns or store credit you may have. Please keep in mind that at times our records may not be exact, and records before a certain date (before November of 2005) were not tracked.
How secure is my information?
We work hard to keep your information as secure as possible, using SSL encryption whenever sensitive information is transferred to and from our website and database, including all traffic to and from Second Life. It is also important that you protect against unauthorized access to your login information and password, especially when using a shared computer.
Conditions of use, notices and revisions
Any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of North Carolina. If you have any concern about privacy at Xcite™, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.